The counseling therapeutic process is a delicate and intimate process that requires your undivided attention and a willingness to commit to working with your counselor to resolve the issues by constructive discussion; interaction; dialogue; conversation. Keeping an open-mind; a willingness to compromise and change unwanted behaviors and work towards resolving conflict that will establish a harmonious relationship full of joy and peace. To qualify for counseling services:
1. Must be willing to participate: All parties that engage in the counseling process participate of their own free will. However, if you indicate a strong reluctance to participate in counseling, we will make every attempt to encourage you, motivate you, and reassure you.
If, after making every attempt to gainfully engage with you to no avail, we will inform you of our decision and do our best to refer you to another provider, or other resources.
2. Must be a willing to provide all pertinent information for services: This is most important to making a better assessment/evaluation. All information is protected and kept confidential. We adhere to HIPAA laws and ACA Code of Ethics.
Exceptions to Your Right to Confidentiality: (a) When a client is believed to be at risk to harm himself or herself. (b) When a client is believed to be at risk of harming someone else. (c) When a minor or elderly person is believed to be experiencing physical and/or sexual abuse, a report must be made to the proper county authorities (Department of Child Protective Services (CPS) or Department of Adult Protective Services.)
As part of the Initial Intake process, we require the following:
1. Payment: We require cash payment of $100 for Individuals, $120 for Couples and $150 for Families), prior to receiving counseling services.
2. Paperwork: All necessary forms (Informed Consent and Intake) must be completed, prior to receiving counseling services. All information is protected and kept confidential. We adhere to HIPAA laws and ACA Code of Ethics.
Note: If after this screening, it is determined that you are not appropriate for our services, or you are beyond our scope of practice, your payment will be refunded to you. We will do our best to refer you to the appropriate level of care, or other resources.
3. No Childcare: Your child’s safety is most important to us. However, our staff are unavailable to supervise your children. Please make arrangements for childcare prior to your appointment date. Otherwise, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
Counseling is a very intimate and personal discussion of issues that at times, can become highly stressful, therefore, we advise against children being present in session or in the office.
Should you have any questions, please contact our office. We look forward to serving you.